Friday, September 9, 2011

Yasai-Tappuri Shoyu Ramen

I like to bring something to eat for lunch at my office, but the refrigerator is a glorified beer refrigerator size, the microwave does not heat food exceptionally hot or well, and the toaster, oy the toaster and I do not get along. Thinking creatively, I cooked the toppings and packed them separately in a container. Then the fresh ramen noodles were cooked, cooled and packed in another container.
 Boiled egg, matsutake mushroom, zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts and scallions.
Hello noodles.
The shoyu ramen is not as heavy as my favored tonkotsu ramen, but this worked really well with all vegetables. I look forward to the day when the ramen shops in Chinatown finally open up. I made the same lunch for my boyfriend, but he misunderstood me and told me not to cook the noodles for him. He thought I had instant noodles that he could cook with just hot water. sigh. I should have checked and asked why he didn't want the noodles pre-cooked. My version was definitely better than his...

No comments:

Post a Comment