Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chick-Fil-A

Confession time. I've never gone to a Chick-Fil-A before. By the time I returned to the area from living in Japan, I stopped eating meat. I've vascillated between vegetarian, pescetarian and omnivore and back again in the years since. However, with CFA closed on Sundays and living on a car-free diet, I've just never had an opportunity to find out what all the fuss was about.
On the way to grocery shopping, we detoured in Fairfax to indulge my boyfriend's nostalgia. When he first came to the US, he used to go to Chick-Fil-A with his mom and the original sandwiches hold a special place in his heart.
Waffle Fries. Decent, but would skip next time. 
 The original.
Squishy bun, perfectly fried chicken breast and pickles.
 The Deluxe.
The original fried chicken sandwich with cheese, tomato and lettuce.
Seriously good chicken breast, with both a good crust and juicy.
***
Pretty impressive. I'll be honest, I like focus on families and a menu that offers some great, healthier options. Downside: the high salt-content put me in the mood for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment