Friday, September 2, 2011

Sichuan Pavilion

Since changing jobs, I've definitely increased my Sichuan Pavilion and Sichuan Express intake. This might not be a good thing, but I'm willing to increase the gym trips to compensate. There's something mesmerizing about the mapo tofu noodles, or the dan dan mein. Sichuan Express doesn't offer dan dan mein, so after work this week I had to go to Sichuan Pavilion on K Street.
 I was really in the mood for some intense spice, but this dan dan mein was not as spicy as the Sichuan Pavilion (not related) located in Rockville. Still satisfying.
 One of my boyfriend's favorite otsumami, peanuts with ginger, scallions, jalapeno and dried mini fish.
Yang Chao fried rice with sauteed spinach with garlic.
This version of fried rice baffles people accustomed to American fried rice laden with soy sauce. This is much lighter and more flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment