Saturday, July 23, 2011

Friday Night Out

I attended a special reception with some new Japanese teachers of English. I'm so extremely happy that Ambassador Fujisaki created this new program to bring 100 Japanese teachers to the US for 6 months to have a chance to have a homestay and ESL training at some US universities with great teaching programs. As someone who worked with similar teachers in Japan, this program really offers a great experience for these teachers and their students once they return to their classrooms. I hope they have a chance to see a real side of the US beyond the textbooks and wish them all the best. After metro-ing home, my boyfriend picked me up at the train station and we headed out for a late Friday night dinner at Friday's down the road from our apartment.
 Grilled sirloin with zucchini and squash and coleslaw.
The steak was surprisingly well-cooked and very flavorful.
Potato skins.
It was a long week at work. Facing an oddly fusion menu, I was naughty and went with wine and cheesy-greasy goodness.  Spending time with my sweet boyfriend and finally relaxing after a busy week was the best feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment