Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cooking at Home

I like to cook things my boyfriend likes. Usually he is very amenable to anything I feel like making, but he had been craving Italian or Chinese lately.  To assuage his craving, I made some meatballs with pork and beef. With minced garlic, onion, panko and egg with basil and oregano, I mixed sweet Italian pork sausage and ground beef.  I baked them, and added tomato sauce to meld the flavors before adding some pasta.
 These lack the crust from pan-frying, but are savory and delightful.
 To use some of the vegetables from the CSA, I created a vegetable tian inspired from a post I saw from Stacey Snacks.  I layered yellow squash, zucchini and cherry tomatoes with basil, thyme and olive oil. After baking for awhile, I added shredded parmigiana and romano cheese.  A very light side dish to the pasta and meatballs, this would be great with some eggplant or roasted peppers and kalamata olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment