Saturday, July 23, 2011

Final CSA Share

The adventures with the CSA has come to a conclusion. The weekly share definitely increased as the weeks progressed, which was a comfort since the initial week's share was paltry.  The quality of the produce exceeded my expectation, as well as the variety. It was super easy to head over to the DCJCC and pickup the weekly share. What I hadn't remembered was how hot DC in the midst of July becomes, and walking up and back 15 blocks in 90 and 100 degree weather was a bit more of a struggle than I anticipated. Fortunately my sweet boyfriend walked with me one day and drove us to the pickup twice.
 Week #6 Share
Cucumber, tomatoes, bok choy, zucchini, eggplant, garlic, apples, yellow squash, peaches, pluots, apricots, and basil.
 Fresh tomato, basil and garlic sauce for pasta.
Garden-fresh ratatouille with onion, zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment