Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plaka Grill in Vienna

The food critics have both written nice things about this tiny Greek spot out in Vienna.  Until my friends bought a house in the area and our hang out locale shifted eastward, I had little reason to venture out that way.  With a bun in the proverbial oven, our normal sushi adventure was out, and we headed for lunch at Plaka Grill.  This is not going to help me get ready for pool season, but it was satisfying and reasonably priced.
Dip Sampler ($7)
Kalamata olive tapenade, hummus, taramosalata, tzatziki sauce, tyrokafteri (spicy feta and peppers).
Loved the taramosalata, very light and delicious with the soft pita wedges.
Chicken Souvlaki sandwich.
Plaka Gyro with fries stuffed inside.
Marinated pork in the Plaka gyro.
Chicago Gyro.
This is the gyro I'm more familiar with sliced lamb-beef meat.
***
The staff was really nice and they bring your order to you at the table.  I never know how much to leave them in the tip jar in this situation.  If I lived nearby, I'd definitely do carryout.  Next time we go to visit, hopefully Church's pizza will be on the docket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment