Friday, April 8, 2011

Sette Osteria in Dupont Circle

I finally liberated my yoga mat from the studio in Woodley Park.  It had been sitting there forlorn and neglected while I hibernated through winter.  The lovely surprise was seeing one of my former Georgetown Yoga teachers leading the Ashtanga class.  Ashtanga's a little like riding a bike.  The first few sun salutations felt a bit rusty, but the flowing breath and gentle instruction felt familiar in no time.  The muscle pain afterwards also feels familiar.  Afterwards I met my boyfriend in Dupont for our first al fresco dinner of spring at Sette Osteria

 Zuppa del Giorno ($7)
Cauliflower and leek with shaved dried ricotta cheese.  This was smooth, velvety and complex in flavor.
Rucola e Finocchio ($10) 
 Arugula and shaved fennel with pecorino and lemon vinaigrette.
 Linguine della Paranza ($14)
Linguine with clams, mussels, shrimpand calamari in a fresh tomato sauce.  Nice but reserved to my allergy-handicapped taste buds.
 Cavatelli all’ Indiavolata ($12)
Cavatelli pasta with spicy Italian sausage, broccoli rabe and pecorino cheese.  While the pasta resembled worms, this sauce was a flavorful combination. 
Tortino Caldo al Cioccolato ($7)
Warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.  A sweet finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment