Monday, April 18, 2011

Gluttony Redux: Peking Gourmet Inn Edition

I arrived home after a morning of volunteering in the rain with a few missions: hot bath, laundry, activate Netflix and become one with the sofa.  With the boy off enjoying his day of solitude, I found a hidden reserve of do-gooding energy and vacuumed the apartment and cleaned the bathroom. 
As the rain fell and motivation to do more than press buttons left me, we mulled over dinner choices.  I left the decision up to him.  He set off to pick up some Chinese and I caught up with the first season of Lie to Me.  After an indeterminate amount of time, the door opened and my boyfriend had returned.  He sheepishly said, "I was naughty," and proffered a heavy bag of Peking Gourmet Inn takeout.  Oh magical bag of deliciousness...
 This could, and should, have fed a group of 6.
 Jeo-Yan Shrimp ($26.95).
Jumbo shrimp are battered, fried and topped with a mixture of spices.  They considerately pack this dish by poking vents in the metal top so the shrimp retain their delicious crunchy covering. 
Drunk with gustatory happiness, I proclaimed,
"If I could, I would have these at my wedding reception."
 Yang Chow Fried Rice ($10.95).
This lighter version elevates the idea of fried rice from the soy sauce-laden rendition commonly found at Chinese restaurants in the US.  Bits of chicken, bbq pork, beef and shrimp pepper this dish.
 Fried Chinese Leek Dumplings ($7.50).
Garlic Sprouts with Pork ($17.75) and Peking Duck ($39).
***
Commence food coma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment