Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Making Jjambbong at Home

Jjambbong is one of my favorite Korean-Chinese dishes. I love the spicy broth, the mixture of vegetables and seafood, and the long noodles. Super H Mart has a frozen mix which we used to buy, but when you check out the sodium levels, it's just too high. I decided I'd make my own version at home and loved the results. You must pick up frozen Korean noodles to make it taste right, although some recipes say regular Italian pasta would work.
 Spicy broth based on ginger, scallions, soy sauce, Korean chili powder, kochujang, dash of fish sauce and anchovy broth. Add cabbage, onion, red pepper, zucchini, mushroom, sliced pork belly and mixed frozen seafood.
 Bring the soup to a boil and then let simmer while the noodles are cooking.
 Jjambbong
Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment