Sunday, August 21, 2011

Kanpai Sushi in Rosslyn

Juggling nonprofit meetings, work and life has been challenging. It feels like the summer has flown by and I've fallen off the grid. I really appreciate the friends who understand the stress and my schedule, making concrete plans for what time to meet and where. Some weeks all I have time for is a quick chat with one of my  favorite people, a hardworking MBA friend. Other times, I've been able to catch up with my favorite yogis over a movie or quick bite. The early dinner dates fit best into my schedule, so I can try to get enough sleep. I've discovered which people are really supportive and genuine, although my boyfriend's been the absolute best. Fortunately I was able to catch up with one of those people at the last minute for sushi after work. 
We ordered an assortment of rolls. The service was pretty good, and the restaurant was not too loud or crowded. It was good to see more of my friend than just posts on Facebook. I'm still in awe that she ate four hot dogs in one day. For the price and location, it's a decent alternative to Cafe Asia, as long as you do not go in expecting extremely authentic Japanese food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment