Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sushi Yoshi in Vienna

My friends bought a house and moved further down the Orange Line. While this means fewer impromptu dinners in Clarendon together, it's nice to be introduced to new places they've discovered in their neighborhood. We all love sushi, so my first visit to the new place included a trip to Sushi Yoshi http://www.sushiyoshivienna.com/index.htm

It's an interesting menu, and I was excited to see some less common items, like renkon salada, croquettes, sake kama and curry rice/udon. I was less excited about some of the maki that have heavy mayonnaise-based sauces (yes, I'm looking at you Japanese Lasagna Roll) or are deep-fried (Vegas Roll).

The fish was fresh and the service was nice. It was a good way to catch up and I look forward to returning to try the chirashi. The restaurant is quite small though, so reservations are strongly suggested.
Lotus Root (Renkon) Salad Sushi Deluxe - 10 pcs nigiri and 1 spicy tuna roll Sushi Combo Platter for Two - 1 California Roll and 1 salmon and avocado roll; 2 pcs each of tuna, salmon, white fish, yellow tail, Spanish mackerel, eel, shrimp, scallop, and white tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment