Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

My husband loves blueberry pancakes. I'm not as much of a fan of pancakes, so this was my first time to make them for him. After a long work week, we had breakfast for dinner. I found a good recipe on Smitten Kitchen with buttermilk, baking powder, baking soda, flour, salt, sugar, butter and eggs.
Using an electric griddle makes is great for cooking four decent-sized pancakes at once. The nonstick surface is great too, just needs a quick swirl of melted butter.
Flip the pancakes.
Oven-baked bacon strips with blueberry buttermilk pancakes. 
***
I was a little surprised how much thicker the batter was, but the texture is nice and cakey. I made extras, which were easy to reheat in the oven the next day for his breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment