Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ichiban Sushi in Old Town

Monday night and I didn't feel like cooking. Heading home we made a spur of the moment decision to try out a sushi restaurant in Old Town. Ichiban Sushi is among the touristy area, and I didn't have high hopes. The restaurant has a funk, definitely not a newer place, but the menu was pretty diverse.
Salad with carrot ginger dressing and miso soup served with sushi dinners.
Maki Roll Platter for Two
Fish was surprisingly fresh, rice was decent. I would skip the roll with cream cheese in the future, as well as the one with the tempura vegetables. Generous amount of fish in some of the rolls, and flavor was nice.
Vegetable udon soup
Full of vegetables, this was enough for two to share.
***
Fortunately we arrived before a large tourist group entered. Definitely better than Momo in Old Town, I'd go back for a quick sushi lunch while wandering around Old Town. I still shudder when I think of the chirashi at Momo where they put rakkyo, the radishes served with curry rice, as part of the assorted toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment