Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Brunch at Jackson 20 aka "that pig place"

Easter weekend snuck up on me this year. Maybe it's partially because work has been pretty hectic lately, or that last year my previous job included Good Friday as an office holiday. Maybe I was sleeping or oblivious, but when did Easter join the ranks of national holidays with Christmas and New Years? A number of stores and restaurants were closed for Easter Sunday. Oh well, guess I'll go wedding dress shopping another day.
Fortunately Jackson 20 was open for brunch with my friend. It's great to have a friend who can understand you when you say, 'you know, that pig place is around here', and she knows which place I'm talking about.
Average Bloody Mary
J20 definitely specializes more in mimosas.
Smoked Salmon Platter
J20 plays with the menu items and doesn't always stick closely to tradition. I kind of wish they did with this one. I missed the raw red onion with lemon and slices of tomato. The pickled red onion just didn't have the right bite. A whipped cream cheese would be an improvement too.
Biscuit with gravy
I think they use a maple sausage in the gravy. It's a tad on the sweet side, and the biscuit was buttered and griddled.
Side of grits with cheddar cheese
This was my favorite dish. The grits are nice and creamy, and a poached egg with a side of pork would make a perfect brunch meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment