Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

My boyfriend's probably similar to most males and not super enthusiastic about Valentine's Day.  He did offer to make reservations at a restaurant of my choice, but the idea of overpriced "special" set menus did not appeal to me.  Instead I suggested we cook something nice together at home.  Originially we were going to have lobster tails, porterhouse steak, caprese salad and risotto.  Since we're both trying to slim down so the pants are less tight, I switched the risotto for a light cauliflower puree and we had the lobster tails a different night.
 Creamy fresh mozzarella with vine-ripened tomatoes
 My boyfriend cooked the porterhouse medium-rare in his cast-iron skillet.
We had creamy cauliflower and zucchini as well.  The cauliflower was pureed with chicken broth and was lighter than mashed potatoes.
Brut Rose from Whole Foods was nice, bubbly and went well with the taramosalata and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment