Sunday, February 5, 2012

Aditi in Kingstowne

We tried out an Indian restaurant in Kingstowne during the week. My colleague and I went to host a special information session at GMU campus for our nonprofit's upcoming award. My sweet fiance drove out to campus to pick me up after work, saving me from almost 2 hours riding three different Metro lines to get home. I love him :) Aditi is clearly a neighborhood favorite, and busier than the nearby Thai restaurant.
Samosa Chat
Great interplay of textures and super fresh cilantro sauce.
He ordered the dinner thali with a nice selection of tandoori favorites, three vegetable curries, lamb curry, papadum, raita and kheer rice dessert.
Chicken Vindaloo
Absolutely atomic spicy. I love spicy food, and this one blew me away. Aditi didn't dumb down the spicing for the non-Indians, which I really appreciate. Super flavors. Vindaloo is one of my test dishes to see how authentically spicy an Indian restaurant is. Next time we go there, I'm going to try out some vegetable dishes like chana masala and palak paneer.

No comments:

Post a Comment