Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Roast Chicken Dinner

I love cooking for my boyfriend.  He is willing to try anything and thinks everything tastes great.  It's wonderful to cook for someone who's so appreciative and open-minded.  Usually he lets me decide what I feel like cooking, so when he makes a special request I pay attention.  He enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner this year and was interested in a repeat.  Since it's easier to find chickens, I substitute roasting a chicken instead of turkey.  It's really the perfect meal for Sunday, when you have extra time to spend in the kitchen.  Plus we'll have some great leftovers for lunches this week.
 Arugula salad with fresh orange champagne vinaigrette.
 Roast chicken.  Lightly salted and roasted at 350F on top of onion and carrots.
 Mashed potatoes.
 Green Bean Casserole.  Fresh beans are quickly boiled and blanched in cold water.  Nice bright flavor.
Homemade stuffing.  Japanese-style bread is toasted in the oven, then mixed with celery, mushrooms, onions, herbs and chicken stock.  I also made some chicken gravy with the pan drippings and roasted onions and carrots in the roasting pan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment