Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saturday Snacks with friends

I had a phone date with my best friend in Australia, so my boyfriend caught up with two friends at an art gala.  He invited his friends to come over afterwards for some wine and to hang out.  I made some nibbles to go along with white wine we had picked up earlier at Trader Joe's.  Judging by the splitting headache I had this morning, I should have made a bit more to eat.  Really great to chat with my friend for a few hours and meet my boyfriend's friends afterwards.
 Smoked trout dip with horseradish.  Flake 1/2 pound of smoked trout.  Mix with sour cream, mayonnaise, diced onion, horseradish and pepper.  Next time I'll add a bit of lemon zest to make the flavor pop.
 Spinach and artichoke dip. My boyfriend said he didn't understand why Americans like this dip so much.  I was determined to make one that would change his mind.  Frozen spinach and artichokes from TJs with cream cheese, sour cream, diced onion and pepperjack cheese.  Hot and creamy, it was great spread on the fresh-baked baguette.
Some marcona almonds, pistachios and grapes rounded out our nibbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment