Friday, October 8, 2010

Pre-Scotch Tasting Nibbles at Matchbox

I'm a firm believer that nothing good will come from drinking scotch on an empty stomach.  To prepare for the tasting later that evening, I met my fellow scotch afficiandos at Matchbox.  Oddly, a table for two would be a 15 minute wait, but a table for 4 with half the party present, could be sat immediately.  Strange rules Matchbox, but whatever gets me closer to ordering some nibbles is fine to me. 
 I'm a fan of wine from New Zealand.  I've tried Babich, Cloudy Bay, Huai, and Matua Valley sauvignon blanc from Marlborough (northeast tip of the south island), and found all of them thoroughly enjoyable.  We tried this bottle of Craggy Range from Martinborough (southern end of the north island) and I liked it.  ($32)   Not a bad markup, since it retails around $20 http://www.craggyrange.com/
 Tuna tartare appetizer ($9)
 small simple salad ($6) 
Small Fire and Smoke pizza ($13)
Large Veggie pizza ($18)

No comments:

Post a Comment