Friday, October 1, 2010

Me Jana

I love tapas, mezze, small plates, whatever you want to call them.  Anything that lets me choose a variety of flavors and tastes in one meal.  Me Jana in Arlington's Court House neighborhood has attentive service and good Lebanese food.  http://www.me-jana.com/  I prefer ordering a few warm and cold mezze and sharing so I have not tried their main plates, and doubt I will, the mezze are that satisfying and filling.
Spinach pie ($7.50)
Chicken Shwarma ($8.00)
Falafel (7.00)
Fantastic. Crisp on the outside and a nice chickpea and fava bean mixture.
Seared Halloumi with pears and dates ($8.50).
The least favorite dish from the night.
Hummus ($6.00)
Creamy and went very well with the hot pita bread.
***
Next time I'd like to try a few other items like their grilled calamari, fatteh (fried eggplant with yogurt) and one of their salads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment