Monday, October 25, 2010

Honey Pig Pig-Out

We love Honey Pig.  It's open 24-hours, there's a nice variety of Korean dishes to try, and it's relatively inexpensive.  Now there's even one opened in Centreville near Spa World.  Two of my favorite Korean things have come together.  Mentally planning a trip already.
Panchan.  These free little dishes vary each visit. 
Soju and Cass beer.
Mandu ($7.99)
Fried beef dumplings. 
Jumuluk ($13.99)
Seasoned boneless ribs.  These were recommended to me by a Korean friend, and they are tender and delicious.
Pajeon ($6.99)
Hamul pajeon is a scallion pancake with seafood, but we mistakenly ordered just a pajeon.  It was still crispy and wonderful with beer and soju.
Soon doobu ($6.99)
Bubbling soft tofu stew with seafood.  One of my favorite Korean dishes.
***
I've noticed that the staff at the Annandale Honey Pig has become more friendly towards English speakers in my last few visits.  I haven't seen the surly Korean server in the last year or so, and I've enjoyed the dinners there much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment