Thursday, October 14, 2010

Japa-Oktoberfest

Some times I get strange ideas and create a dinner menu around a theme.  After thinking about Japadogs (http://www.japadog.com/menu/index.html), the colder October weather and my boyfriend's quest for bratwurst, I came up with Japanese Oktoberfest. 
 Persian cucumber with miso paste.  He loves it. 
Baked sweet potato fries.  He loves roasted satsuimo (sweet potato) so I figured he would like these too.
 Japanese potato salad. 
Cucumber, carrot, onion, hardboiled egg, potatoes and Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise. 
The mayonnaise is sweeter than American-style Hellmans. 
I should have cooked the potatoes a little longer and mashed some up more.
 Sauteed cabbage, red peppers and onions.
 Beer-braised then grilled pork bratwursts.
With a little pickled ginger and Korean-style nori (dried seaweed), we celebrated Oktoberfest with some Asahi Super Dry beers and a Japanese flair.

No comments:

Post a Comment