Monday, October 4, 2010

Lyon Hall Brunch with the Girls

 I have really patient friends.  They're kind enough to indulge my unrelenting desire to take pictures of our meals, for which I eternally heart them.  They're also super fun to catch up with over a leisurely brunch.  We met for brunch at Lyon Hall in Clarendon.  I knew from a previous visit that their breadmaker was good but didn't realize how good.  For the first time ever, I saw my step aerobics-teaching friend's head turn and watch a plate of donuts make their way through the room. 
 Bloody Mary with Grolsch chaser ($5)
 Kir Royale ($5)
 Selection of Housemade Donuts ($7)
My friends enjoyed the chocolate and the pistachio. 
I bet a plate of these warm donuts with LH's french press coffee is delightful.
 Scallop salad with citrus and arugula ($12)
 Lyon Hall burger with Chimay cheese and delicious frites ($10)
Poached eggs with spinach and hollandaise sauce on housemade English Muffins ($10)
Side salad ($4)
***
Once again, service was pleasant and it was lovely to catch up with my friends.  It's a small menu, but there's something for everyone and a nice addition to the Clarendon weekend brunch options.

No comments:

Post a Comment