Thursday, September 2, 2010

Joe's Noodle House

I'm that special kind of person that thinks...fall down, hurt your hand, visit urgent care... eat some spicy ma la food from Joe's Noodle House. I luckily have a great friend who not only took me there, but did not for a minute question my desire to eat with chopsticks with a non-functioning hand. Despite the hurt hand, it was great to try out this Szechuan restaurant in Rockville. If I lived closer, I'd try more things from the ridiculously long menu. http://www.joesnoodlehouse.com/
Spicy and tasty fried tofu ($9.95).
The ma-la dishes are definitely mouth-numbing. This was fiery.

steamed dumplings ($4.95). A nice counterbalance to all the szechuan peppercorns and heat. cabbage and mushroom soupup close...see the fiery flakes? Man...this burned...
Beef Noodle Soup Szechuan Style ($7.50). This was a large bowl of fiery soup. Definitely large enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment