Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lunchtime Bentos

When I lived in Japan, I heard that you could see how much a mother cared about her child by the bento she made for school lunch.  The artistry involved astounded me.  There are people who can create super cute bentos with apples cut like rabbits, mini-sausage octopi and panda face onigiri.  I am not one of those people.  I'm more focused on packing a lunchtime meal for my boyfriend that incorporates nutritious elements that taste good and travel well. 
 Korean bibimbap-inspired bento. 
Kochujang, cherry tomato, sliced tamagoyaki, sauteed spinach, mushrooms and carrots to be placed ontop of the rice in its separate compartment.
Sesame-soy baby bok choy, rice, bundles of grilled seasoned pork belly wrapped around kimchi.
The first lunch bento I made for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment