Saturday, June 18, 2011

First CSA Pickup

Inclement weather and poor early harvest at the farm delayed our first shares from the CSA. We finally picked up our first share this Thursday.  They provided hot/cold insulated bags along with our farm share, and reimbursed me for the two weeks we missed.
We'll use this reusable bag throughout the CSA season.
Red leaf lettuce, garlic scapes, spring onions, beets, cherries, and snow peas.
So far I've roasted the beets, sauteed the beet greens with some garlic scapes, and mixed some cherries with the an nin dofu (almond pudding) my boyfriend made. I was a little surprised by the size of the share. It was definitely smaller than the CSA shares at Claggett, but the pickup spot is a lot closer.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few weeks bring in terms of variety of produce.  My boyfriend didn't think he liked beets until he tried them roasted, and that makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment