Friday, November 25, 2011

Peking Gourmet Inn Pre-Thanksgiving

I took my first day off from work in six months to handle Thanksgiving dinner preparations. Despite having cooked the huge feast half a dozen times, I never seem to manage to make it as effortless an endeavor as the food magazines and Food Network celeb chefs make it look. This year, my fiance joined forces with me, and it was so wonderful to have a partner. Especially since my attempt at making dough was a complete failure, while my fiance's ad hoc version concocted with use of a potato masher and pasta scoop was fabulous. After a full day of prep work and discovering our hot water was out, we headed out for dinner at PGI.
Scallion dumplings, Hong Kong wonton soup and egg drop soup.
The dumplings are great, although the dumpling skins are thicker than Korean and Japanese dumplings.
Pork with Garlic Sprouts
The pork has a smoky flavor, and this was a great dish to share.
Yeo-Jen Shrimp
Perfectly fried with garlic bits.
Yang Chow Fried Rice.
This is not your typical Americanized soy sauce-laden fried rice dish. The shrimp were a weak point but the roast pork and chicken pieces were delightful.
Thankful for this Bounty and the best partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment