Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cooking at Home

I'm an American girl at heart. I love sandwiches at any time of the day, pasta with a cheese blanket, mashed potatoes and a really good cheese burger. My husband is Japanese and while he likes most of my dinners, I know he prefers meals served with rice and preferably Japanese, Korean or Chinese. Trying to accommodate his tastes, I've been making an effort to expand the varieties of our dinners at home.
Kimchi and pork belly fried rice with baby bok choy, zucchini, mushroom and bean sprouts.
Thai red vegetable curry with carrots, zucchini, red bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeno and ginger.
Japanese-style fried chicken (karaage)
***
With a few extra vegetables from our weekly grocery store trip to Super H Mart to use up before we stuff our refrigerator in preparation for Thanksgiving, I made a different weekend breakfast dish.
Sauteed butternut squash and kale with onion, garlic and parmigiano cheese.
Two fried eggs in a rectangular Japanese pan.
It's ceramic and fantastic for frying eggs. 
I topped the squash and kale hash with one of the sunny side up eggs, a dash or two of hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment