Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bobby's Burger Palace on K Street

Feeling like a burger after two days of bland chicken at the conference, ended up trying out BBP with my fiance. We met at 11:30 and headed over to beat the lunch rush. Judging by the lines we saw while we were there, going early or going after the lunch rush is a great idea. What surprised me most of all, was it was already beer o'clock for a nearby patron. Two beer o'clock at that. 
 We went with the standard American cheese burger with lettuce, tomato and onion, with a bacon addition.
The burger was cooked really well, to the requested medium, and was nice and juicy. The sesame seed bun was nice and soft. 
Fries with special dipping sauce
Love all the different sauces on the tables. Onion rings looked nice too. 
***
BBP is a good burger. Some of the options are a little too fussy for me. In hindsight, it's also a super salty burger, and I spent part of the afternoon fighting a serious salt-induced food coma. I like the burger taste at BBP better than BGR. My fiance liked the burger too, although I think he may be partial to Shake Shack's griddled burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment