Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cooking at Home

After a cold, rainy, blustery day, I needed something comforting.  I love making soups when the weather turns colder.  Yesterday was a spicy tomato basil soup with grilled cheese sandwich and salad with apples and avocado.  Today I decided to be a little more indulgent.
Cream of mushroom soup, grilled cheese and salad with grapes, avocado and champagne vinaigrette.  Buying an immersion stick blender was a great purchase for me.  After you sautee the onion, mushrooms and garlic in butter, add a little sherry and vegetable stock, and blend in the pot.  Less mess, and a nice creamy texture.  I added some heavy cream at the end.  The bread is a sliced Italian bread from Trader Joe's that is perfect for making grilled cheese or paninis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment