Sunday, January 1, 2012

Last Office Lunches of the Year

Since I changed jobs at the end of May, it's taken time to earn vacation days. We're hoping to travel to Japan in 2012 and I wanted to save up as many holidays as possible. Therefore, I was stuck working during the week before and after Christmas. Luckily, it was a quiet few days in the office, with most of the building closed for the holidays.
Caught up with my friend on a rainy work day during the abbreviated work week for lunch. We went to Luna Cafe on Connecticut Avenue. While I used to like their tomato basil soup with grilled cheese, I had consumed enough dairy in the previous few days and tried something different.
 Turkey Burger with avocado, tomato, lettuce and red onion.
 Axian Roast Beef, cheddar sandwich with horseradish mayo on marbled rye bread.
I love this bread. The beef was a mistake, a little fatty and chewy compared to normal, and the horseradish was too spicy. I should have had the turkey instead.
Feeling under the weather, a takeout order of mapo tofu noodle soup was just the thing when you can't find a decent bowl of steaming pho. I like that you can order the soup with pork or without.  Proximity to Sichuan Express does not help with weight loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment