Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ina Garten BBQ Chicken

My friend was hosting a party on the weekend, and I offered to make a dish to go along with all of her delightful vegetarian dishes. I scoured the internet and found a great bbq sauce recipe by Ina Garten. The last time I made a slow-cooked pulled pork I copped out and used a store-bought bbq sauce. Reading the ingredients label, I really disliked seeing high fructose corn syrup as the main ingredient. I decided to try my hand at making my own sauce and it was so worth it. I used some to baste half a bbq-spiced chicken to try out my handiwork.
Bake the chicken in the oven for an hour total at 350F. 40 minutes in, I basted the chicken in the bbq sauce and let it finish cooking in the oven. Beautiful lacquer-looking bbq sauce on a super juicy chicken. Winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment